HYPNOTHERAPY FOR POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD)
It’s thought that up to 3.5 million adults in the UK are living with Post Traumatic Stress
Disorder (PTSD), a mental health condition indelibly linked to a deeply wounding physical
or psychological event, often buried deep in the past.
The impact of PTSD can be completely devastating, impacting on every area of life, and
casting a permanent shadow over those who live with it.
WHAT IS POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER?
PTSD most commonly affects people who have experienced or witnessed a past traumatic
physical or psychological event. Often the memory of that event is so damaging is
suppressed to the point that the individual cannot consciously remember it. Events that may be responsible for PTSD include death, or the threat of death, serious injury, or sexual violence.
Individuals with PTSD typically experience a range of distressing symptoms, including intrusive memories, flashbacks, nightmares, and intense emotional or physical reactions to reminders of the trauma. Other symptoms may include avoidance of places, people, or activities associated with the trauma, negative changes in mood and thinking, and heightened arousal or reactivity, such as being easily startled or having difficulty sleeping.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF PTSD?
PTSD can significantly impact daily functioning, relationships, and general well-being, but with appropriate treatment and support, individuals can work towards healing and managing these symptoms effectively.
WHAT IS PTSD THERAPY?
The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment we offer at our London clinic allows you to work with our highly trained and experienced PTSD therapist Henry to reframe experiences at your own pace, within a safe and controlled space. You will work together to foster a deeper understanding of your responses to situations, encouraging your nervous system to relax and repair, with the aim of empowering you to live a more meaningful, peaceful, and secure life after trauma.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PTSD THERAPY?
Our Hypnotherapy for PTSD is tailored to specific individual needs and circumstances. PTSD has many common themes, but everyone’s trauma journey is unique. The PTSD hypnotherapy offered here at Zoe Clews Associates benefits those with symptoms that may include:
- Intrusive thoughts and/or distressing memories
- Emotional withdrawal
- Difficulty forming or maintaining relationships
- Mood swings
- Persistent feelings of risk or danger
- Sensory triggers
- Self-destructive behaviours
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PTSD HYPNOTHERAPY?
Through this transformative journey, individuals can experience a range of significant benefits, including:
- Achieving a stable sense of being
- Reintegrating into the world with a more stable and loving sense of self
- Creation of coping strategies for when symptoms might occur
- Regulation of emotional and physical systems.
- Ability to respond instead of react and the removal of fear based reactions.
- Freedom from impactful trauma:
- Recovery of autonomy and inner peace and safety.
- Meaningful and purposeful living
HOW DOES PTSD THERAPY WORK?
Our approach to PTSD therapy focuses on hypnotherapy, inner child therapy, regression, and reflective discussion that enables you to release trauma from the subconscious and the Body. Together, will concentrate on a single event at a time and tackle the causal reasons behind the symptoms you’re experiencing, using compassionate exploration to make healing a reality and allow you to achieve a more profound sense of peace and emotional balance. The process is designed to go at a pace that is right for you, allowing for safe and secure
restoration of emotional and physical well-being.
What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
- PTSD is a mental health condition linked to a deeply wounding physical or psychological event, commonly affecting individuals who have experienced or witnessed trauma, with memories often suppressed to a damaging extent.
How prevalent is PTSD in the UK?
- Up to 3.5 million adults in the UK are estimated to be living with PTSD, a condition that can have a profound and devastating impact on various aspects of life.
What events may lead to PTSD?
- Events such as death, the threat of death, serious injury, or sexual violence are common triggers for PTSD, resulting in suppressed memories and distressing symptoms.
What are the typical symptoms of PTSD?
- Symptoms of PTSD include intrusive thoughts, distressing memories, emotional withdrawal, difficulty forming relationships, mood swings, flashbacks, persistent feelings of risk or danger, hyper-vigilance, sensory triggers, and self-destructive behaviors.
How does PTSD impact daily functioning and well-being?
- PTSD significantly impacts daily functioning, relationships, and general well-being, casting a permanent shadow over the lives of those affected. However, with appropriate treatment and support, effective symptom management and healing are possible.
What is the goal of PTSD therapy?
- The goal of PTSD therapy is to reframe traumatic experiences at the individual’s own pace, within a safe and controlled space. Working with experienced therapist Henry aims to foster a deeper understanding of responses to situations and empower individuals to lead a more meaningful, peaceful, and secure life after trauma.
Who can benefit from PTSD therapy?
- Hypnotherapy for PTSD is tailored to specific individual needs and circumstances, benefiting those experiencing symptoms such as intrusive thoughts, emotional withdrawal, difficulty forming relationships, mood swings, flashbacks, persistent feelings of risk, hyper-vigilance, sensory triggers, and self-destructive behaviors.
What are the significant benefits of PTSD hypnotherapy?
- Individuals undergoing PTSD hypnotherapy can experience benefits such as achieving a stable sense of being, reintegrating into the world with a more stable and loving sense of self, creation of coping strategies, regulation of emotional and physical systems, ability to respond instead of react, freedom from impactful trauma, recovery of autonomy, inner peace, safety, and meaningful and purposeful living.
How does PTSD therapy incorporate hypnotherapy?
- PTSD therapy involves hypnotherapy, inner child therapy, regression, and reflective discussion. This combination aims to release trauma from the subconscious and the body, focusing on a single event at a time to address causal reasons behind symptoms through compassionate exploration.
How does the therapy process go at a pace suitable for the individual?
- The therapy process is designed to go at a pace suitable for the individual, allowing for the safe and secure restoration of emotional and physical well-being. Therapist Henry collaborates with individuals to ensure a comprehensive and effective healing process.
Is PTSD therapy available virtually or only in person?
- PTSD therapy at Zoe Clews & Associates can be conducted either in person or virtually, providing flexibility to accommodate individual preferences and comfort levels.
Can suppressed memories of traumatic events be addressed in PTSD therapy?
- Yes, the therapy approach includes hypnotherapy, inner child therapy, regression, and reflective discussion, aiming to release trauma from the subconscious and the body, even when memories are suppressed.
How does PTSD therapy help in the creation of coping strategies?
- The therapy process encourages the creation of coping strategies for when symptoms might occur, empowering individuals to manage and navigate challenging situations effectively.
What is the role of hypnotherapy in PTSD therapy?
- Hypnotherapy is a key component of PTSD therapy, facilitating a transformative journey by addressing trauma at the subconscious level, fostering emotional and physical well-being.
Can PTSD therapy help in the regulation of emotional and physical systems?
- Yes, the therapy aims to regulate emotional and physical systems, providing tools and techniques to achieve a stable sense of being and respond effectively to triggers.
How does PTSD therapy address hyper-vigilance and heightened arousal?
- The therapy process includes reflective discussions and exploration to address hyper-vigilance and heightened arousal, helping individuals achieve a more balanced and regulated emotional state.
Is PTSD therapy suitable for individuals with sensory triggers?
- Yes, the therapy is tailored to address sensory triggers, allowing individuals to explore and manage their responses in a safe and supportive environment.
What is the significance of inner child therapy in PTSD treatment?
- Inner child therapy is incorporated to uncover and address the root causes of trauma, facilitating healing and emotional balance in the present.
Can individuals achieve freedom from impactful trauma through PTSD therapy?
- Yes, the transformative journey of PTSD therapy aims to free individuals from the impactful trauma, fostering autonomy, inner peace, and a sense of safety.
How does PTSD therapy contribute to meaningful and purposeful living?
- The therapy process allows individuals to achieve a more profound sense of peace and emotional balance, empowering them to live a more meaningful and purposeful life after trauma.
Can Relationship Therapy address issues related to self-worth and self-love?
- Yes, Relationship Therapy with Henry Johnstone aims to help individuals discover and embrace their own worth, fostering a deeper connection with self-love.
How does the therapy approach negative body image within relationships?
- The holistic approach includes addressing negative body image through bodywork, helping individuals cultivate a positive and accepting relationship with their own bodies.
Is Relationship Therapy effective for those going through separation or divorce?
- Yes, Henry’s approach creates a safe and profoundly healing space for individuals going through separation or divorce, allowing them to discover, heal, and embrace the loving essence within themselves.
Can Hypnotherapy for Relationship Issues help individuals attract the right partner?
- Yes, the therapy is designed to address patterns that may be hindering individuals from attracting the right partner, guiding them towards a more meaningful and compatible connection.
What role does music therapy play in Relationship Therapy?
- Music therapy is incorporated into the holistic approach, contributing to the therapeutic process by creating a supportive and transformative environment.
Is Relationship Therapy suitable for individuals struggling with trust issues?
- Yes, the therapy is tailored to address trust issues, helping individuals navigate and heal the underlying causes that may be affecting their ability to trust in relationships.
How does Hypnotherapy work to remove self-sabotage in relationships?
- Hypnotherapy is used to identify and remove self-sabotaging behaviors, allowing individuals to break free from patterns that hinder their ability to create and maintain healthy relationships.
Can Relationship Therapy contribute to personal empowerment and confidence?
- Yes, the therapy process focuses on empowering individuals to feel secure, powerful, and deeply loving of themselves, enhancing their overall confidence and self-esteem.
What is the significance of feeling loveable in Relationship Therapy?
- Feeling loveable is a fundamental aspect of Henry’s methodology, and the therapy process aims to guide individuals to a place where they recognize and embrace their own loveability.
How can Relationship Therapy help individuals in the search for a meaningful relationship?
- Relationship Therapy is designed to assist individuals in the search for a meaningful relationship by addressing internal barriers and patterns that may be hindering the attraction of compatible partners.